And yes, members in academies may lawfully join the action.
Just how many teachers do the two associations represent?
(A. Lots and lots and …, a very large number.)
The two largest teacher unions, NUT and NASUWT, representing 9 out of 10 teachers, are today announcing the next phase of their jointly coordinated campaign to Protect Teachers and Defend Education.
Following the refusal of the Secretary of State to genuinely engage with the NASUWT and NUT to seek to resolve our trade disputes with him, plans are in place for the next stage of industrial action which will include:
- continuation of the current action short of strike action instructions;
- national rallies across England and Wales in April and May;
- escalation of the national action short of strike action;
- a rolling programme of national strikes commencing with local authority areas in the North West of England on 27 June; and
- unless the Secretary of State responds positively to the unions’ demands, a rolling programme of strike action will continue into the Autumn term and will include a one day…
View original post 204 more words